FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - House Dem Leader Calls For Special TSA Treatment for Congress
Old Jan 10, 2011, 3:37 am
GUWonder
Suspended

Location: Watchlisted by the prejudiced, en route to purgatory
Programs: Just Say No to Fleecing and Blacklisting
What a shame that, according to clips of an interview given by the Congressman to Fox, this Congressman actually does seem to have tried to link the assassination attempt upon a Congressional rep with how Congresspersons ought not to be screened by the TSA. Is he worried that the TSA is so wacko that TSA employees will try to do some more wacko things to him too? Then he should push against the TSA on behalf of all of America's passengers -- and not just Congresspersons -- who risk having their sex organs handled by the TSA.

Originally Posted by gsoltso
As previously mentioned, I have no information to give, and if I did, I still wouldn't talk about it.
Do you think there is any good reason for the TSA to know the details about passengers' sex organs -- including the size and shape of the sex organs -- whether or not an elected official? Talking about such sex organs or not isn't going to change the situation of the TSA employees getting the information they get whether or not the TSA employee have it to give or not.

I am not ashamed of my job, or of performing it.
Then you fancy it?

It would not be at the stake, but I would be burned for discussing SSI and specific passenger information and rightly so.
The government is not in the habit of fancying that such happens to its own employees domestically. Burning the bodies of foreigners is another matter.

Originally Posted by RATM
Interestingly enough, the father of the 9 year-old girl that was killed linked his reaction to this with the airport situation. Basically, he doesn't think his daughter's tragedy should be used to erode constitutional rights the way people have used 9/11 to erode our rights in the air.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rj47lB1a-0Y

He has an incredibly level headed reaction to this just days after his daughter was killed. Much respect to this man.
^^

Last edited by Kiwi Flyer; Jan 12, 2011 at 2:44 am Reason: merge consecutive posts