FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Would You Fly On a Plane With NO Security?
Old Jan 8, 2011, 10:40 am
ElizabethConley

Yes, I'll Go Liberty Air

but only if they promise not to do any of this:

To bolster the argument, imagine that Liberty Air actually employs a little bit of security. Let’s say it checks IDs against a government database in order to prevent people on a terrorist watch list from boarding. For those of you previously wary of Liberty Air, would you fly it now? Maybe Liberty Air also bans knives and guns from flights. How about now? Maybe it also makes certain high-risk passengers go through metal detectors. Is that enough? I imagine many readers on the fence are now leaning toward Liberty Air. The point is that the security precautions most Americans consider sufficient will likely be far less stringent than those the TSA employs.
I feel safer surrounded by people who love liberty than I do in a herd of sheep. I feel more comfortable in a crowd where every man and boy has a pocket knife and every Grannie has a pair of sewing scissors. I am not as afraid of the people my government fears as I am of allowing my government to ban people from flying or monitor citizens' travel. Guns don't distress my as much as banning guns does.

In short, Liberty Air is safer than sharing a flying cattle car with a herd of mindless, bleating sheep. I'll take it.