View Single Post
Old Jan 8, 11, 10:40 am
littlevoices

Programs: Marriott Titanium Lifetime, BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by GetSetJetSet View Post
TG BKK right to CDG
Fully agree and would go further to say that there is no real comparison as long as the 77W is still on the route. LX would be a second choice if availability forced it.

Rationale:
BKK First Lounges are some of the best in the world and definitely in the top 2 for Star Alliance (You could argue that the FRA F terminal is better depending on your view)
The 77W is one of the best First class "hard" (seat/suite/avod) products in the alliance, and fits perfectly for your itinerary, much better than an old 747 to other areas in Europe.

The service will probably be inferior to LX, as will the quality of the food, but I'd sacrifice it for the better beds/suite/avod product.

This is based on my own experience; a couple of LX Fs (though to other parts of Asia) on the old A340, then five TG F flights in the past year, twice on the A346, twice on the 77W and once on the 747 both starting, transiting and ending in BKK. My favourite ever flight has been an LX one though (ZRT-NRT) but if you originate in BKK you lose a few plus points of ZRH for this comparison.

Last edited by littlevoices; Jan 8, 11 at 10:46 am