FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - No what after Plat for Life?
View Single Post
Old Jan 7, 2011, 7:46 am
Fripp

Programs: Delta platinum Marriott Plat. Avis Preferred US Air Platinum
Originally Posted by davidash
I am 104 nights shy of being Plat for life this year and will definately make it in 2011. I know that I won't have to stay another night at Marriott and still remain Plat, however, what incentive (other than obtaining points/miles) do I have to continue to be loyal to Marriott?

I suggest Marriott add addional incentives for LT Plats by giving X points for each 100 nights stayed, or something of that nature. Perhaps even a choice of a 3 day 2 night stay at at FS property.

I most probably will remain with Marriott, but without a real incentive, it might drive me to become Elite at Starwood/etc.

The reason I stay with Marriott is because they have good hotels at the locations I travel to. I like the price, the service, and the perks I get from being a member.

I enjoy the promotions to earn extra points and I enjoy using the points to go on vacations. I've used points in San Francisco, Hawaii, Italy, Germany, Colorado, Paris, London, Florida, San Antonio, Hilton Head, and many other locations.

For me, and where I travel and where I want to travel, Marriott has the best and most generous program. If I travelled to other cities with work or pleasure, perhaps another program might be best for me.

I have reached Lifetime status as a Platinum with Marriott and have no plans to switch.

Your situation may be different. If so, go for it.