FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rapid Rewards 2.0 begins March 1, 2011
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2011, 9:07 am
uncertaintraveler

Originally Posted by ssk1127
i can't imagine the intra-texas flyers are happy about this; they're being told, basically, that if you want rapid rewards value out of your dal-hou shuttle, pay the higher fare, not the cheapest. I'm not sure how free wi-fi would benefit you in this situation either, since you'd barely have time to open your laptop. Making it more difficult for them to reliably gauge their free tickets and giving them a relatively useless perk in return isn't really rewarding the kind of loyalty that built the airline in the first place.
^

it's been said more than once in this thread, but why be an "elite" flyer on an airline with no first class? Who wants to fly mco-las or lax-bwi in all-coach when they've got "elite" status on that airline.
^

the biggest reason i've come to despise wn is that they've gotten away from their original mission, which is what attracted me to them in the first place years ago. They started as a friendly, no-hassles airline with cheap point-to-point nonstops that were nearly always efficient and on-time. In trying to grow too much, especially into major/congested airports, and attract business travelers, they're not really a low-cost carrier and not really a legacy. In trying to be both, they've fallen short at being either.
^^