FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Rapid Rewards 2.0 begins March 1, 2011
View Single Post
Old Jan 6, 2011, 7:51 am
jamesteroh
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: Delta DM & MM, Hilton DM, Marriott gold, Hyatt Globalist, Alaska 75K, Wyndham Diamond,
Originally Posted by xadiohead
I've been flying these short trips on Southwest for 10 years now but if I am looking at this correctly then I am done with Southwest.

I knew 2.0 would be bad, but this is ridiculous. This only helps the 2% of Southwest customers that waste money on the Business Select and high dollar fairs.

This is a slap in the face to loyal Southwest customers to take regular short hauls. I guess the only positive I got out of this was an extra 3 months of companion pass. But I will never be able to get companion pass again on this new program so I am done.

FU southwest.
Same here. I live in DTW so if it's a paid fare only do DTW to MDW or DTW to BNA since you have to connect for any other city or if you are lucky enough to find a direct it isn't non stop and stops at at least 2 other cities.

I can't believe they are still going to charge their top list a-listers to fly on an earlier flight.

I am just thankful I made medallian status on Delta last year and use a Delta hub.