Old Jan 5, 11, 4:32 pm
typical
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: BA Gold, A3 Gold, GF Gold, SPG Plat, LCAH Plat
Originally Posted by lairdb View Post
Yes -- but it's peculiar to me that they persist in their... distinctive... UI and contacts non-integration. RIM has, at least twice, talked about putting the BlackBerry client onto other platforms, but AFAIK, they've never actually done so. Certainly no Android effort publicly announced. (Putting my PPM strategy hat on, I can make pretty significant arguments against, but if their share continues its precipitous collapse outside large enterprise, they may have to.)
They have - it was called "Blackberry Connect" and offered few of the features of an actual Blackberry (push email, calendar sync, but not folder support and very clunky contacts handling). I had it on my old Nokia E61i - 3G with Blackberry before the Bold appeared. It was available for old Nokia, SE and WM devices.

There were constant rumours between 2007 and 2009 of a whole new "Blackberry Application Suite" to run on WM and Symbian devices and basically emulate a Blackberry on top of their hardware. BGR ran several stories and even a full review of it, but it never made it out.

http://www.bgr.com/tag/blackberry-application-suite/