FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2011 Edition [Compensation] (Merged).
Old Jan 4, 2011, 8:16 pm
Sterndogg

Programs: UA 1K, AA EXP, TrueBlue, IHG Plat Amb, SPG Gold, Marriott Gold, Accor Platinum, National Exec Elite
Originally Posted by Azurik
I think this year will probably be the last year of this as the new UA/CO will reply back with,

"Sorry about your troubles, but we won't offer compensation and this is the end of our communications regarding this matter..." whether the complaint was really valid or not.
Hah totally agree! With Jeff Smisek in control I believe the excessive e-cert giveaways will be doneski.

I had a busted light and broken tray on a LHR-IAD flight last week in E+ along with three days of cancellations trying to get over to London...no compensation (although my submission wasn't a complaint - more of an observation and trying to understand their rebooking methods with elite status and booking fare). Response was, "we'll pass along your comments to our in-flight maintenance team." So it goes...