FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Travelpro Crew 8 22" Rollaboard - Doesn't Fit Wheels In on US mainline aircraft?
Old Jan 4, 2011, 6:03 pm
beofotch

Programs: AA ExPlat, Hyatt Globalist, Bonvoy Lifetime Titanium
Travelpro Crew 8 22" Rollaboard - Doesn't Fit Wheels In on US mainline aircraft?

Hello,

My girlfriend travels about 75% of the time for work and just bought the TravelPro Crew 8 22" Rollaboard. It was highly reccomended by this Flyertalk Thread. She has zero status with US Airways so usually boards zone 4 or 5 unless she can get an emergency exit or bulkhead seat. She wanted a carry-on that would fit wheels in into the overhead bin, not sideways and carry her clothes for a week of travel. So far she is (1) for (3) overall and (0) for (2) on US Airways with this:
  • Delta 757 - Wheels in No Problem
  • US A321 - Wheels in did not work; had to turn sideways
  • US737-400 - Wheels in did not work; had to turn sideways

Do any frequent US Air travelers have any feedback or experiences with the Travelpro Crew 8 22". She is very frustrated that it is not fitting as others have experienced or how she has intended.

I have never on any mainline aircraft had my Travelpro Walkabout Lite Rolling Garment Bag not fit in an overhead in. However she did not want to get one of these because it 'seemed' too big for US Air to allow even though it fits fine and takes up roughly the same room as a 22" carry-on.

Thanks in advance for your insight.

Beofotch