FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2011 Edition [Compensation] (Merged).
Old Jan 3, 2011, 8:38 pm
mroban

Programs: AA EXP via status match, COdbaUA 1K
Why were you compensated and what did you get - 2011 Edition [Compensation] (Merged).

Today I flew JFK-LAX and used 15k to upgrade from Y to C. I was given seat 9B (my favorite) but was warned by the agent at RCC that "the seat has no power, it is broken and they will not be able to fix it on time". I said i will still take the UG. At the gate, the GA also warned me of this so I asked them "if I would be compensated since I cannot now work on my laptop and the UG cost me 15k miles"? To my relative surprise, the GA said "absolutely" and gave me a few options - $200 certificate or 9000 miles back in my MP account. I took the miles which essentially made the UG a 6k UG. Then on board, the FA gave me a "Please accept our Apology" card with the same offer on it to "accept UA's offer of goodwill" within 90 days.^

Has anyone else had this experience as well (or has had the opposite experience where you were not offered any form of compensation)?

Still no Channel 9 though