FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Please report your successful redemptions using Diamond Club miles (2011)
Old Jan 3, 2011, 11:23 am
littlevoices

Programs: Marriott Ambassador (Titanium Lifetime), BA Gold, Ex-Hertz 5* PC, Ex-HH Diamond, Ex-BD*G
Originally Posted by sofasurfer
IIRC, there's now a direct service GIG-LHR (and FRA).
Thanks for the warning (which based on reviews I'd read prior to booking, I agree with) - there was even availability on the GIG-LHR, however we decided to take an extra day in Rio (8pm departure rather than 1am on Sunday) in return for a, probably, not so great flight (though at least it is cheap due to the lack of YQ).

Put simply: I felt lucky to have got any flights that maximise the UK Easter/Royal Wedding break; TAP didn't have availability with more than one business seat and alternatives such as AC and CO did have small amounts of availability, but at the cost of 3-4days of a 2 week holiday so skipped in the end and now have to keep our fingers crossed on the JJ quality roulette, or that something better opens up in the next few months!

(I've seen the LIS lounge before and liked it too, good food selection too - though followed by a poor TP flight in C intra-Europe, indeed their service seems to be with the same kind of roulette on service). In the end as this is only a business redemption at least it is reasonably cheap in miles/cash terms, if only there wasn't any UK APD.