FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - HTC Antennagate
Thread: HTC Antennagate
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2011, 1:25 pm
ScottC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by planemechanic
I see, so it is only a problem when Apple does it, but not when HTC does it. If this was another issue with the iPhone this thread would be 15 pages or more by now.
Once again - show me a video where the HTC HD7 suffers from the same problem as the iPhone 4, and we'll actually have a topic worth debating. All you've shown is a *drop* in signal when the phone is held wrong. With the iPhone 4, the issue is/was that calls would fail when the phone was held wrong. Completely different situation.

In fact, I think that if I hold the radio antenna on my car in the right place, I'll hear some static on my radio - do you want to start a thread about that one too? Fact is that the iPhone had a real problem with the antenna, one that could be replicated by a lot of people (not all, just a lot) and an iPhone site and Apple fan trying to discredit another phone with a totally different signal issue.

With the iPhone, actual iPhone 4 users were complaining about the issue, but I've yet to find any HD7 users suffer from this "antennagate". When an iPhone site is the largest one spreading this kind of crap, you have to wonder what the motives are, other than trolling.