FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Delta overtakes AA at RDU
View Single Post
Old Jan 1, 2011, 6:35 am
ma91pmh

Programs: A few
Originally Posted by FlyingHigh20
You'd be wasting your time. They'll literally delete your e-mail and think nothing of it. Routes arent decided by anecdotal e-mails sent by flyers. They are done based on research, contracts with corporations, and fairly in-depth studies by Planning departments and network optimization groups.

Clearly RDU-LAX is/was not profitable the first time around, nor is there any reason to suggest that if they were to bring it back, the results would be any different. If you want a direct flight to LAX, your best bet is to move out of the sleepy RDU area and move into a larger metropolitan area or even move to Charlotte and fly the direct on USAirways.
LOL

However the business community here in RDU/Triangle area seems to be unified in demand for RDU-LAX. I am really not sure how either Delta, AA or WN can't make it work. I don't think DL help themselves making it a red-eye return.

Likewise given size of the hub I can't see how DL could not make SLC work. Like I said before if WN can make DEN of all places work fine DAILY for years I am pretty sure DL can make a success of SLC