FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Okay so I went a bit overboard, how to I integrate all of these trip management tools
Old Dec 31, 2010, 8:17 pm
ScottC
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Originally Posted by LIH Prem
I still remember your post about using the exchange server for google accounts, and how much better that was than the method I was using before that, so here you go ...

They were driving me nuts, especially when I'm sitting here at home and one after another every computer and i<device> would alarm, so I figured out how to turn them off. I think if you change the google calendar setting, it will make your life better.

google calendar has notifications settings for each calendar, so it's easy to turn them all off for your tripit ical feed. It's under settings/calendar settings/calendar, click on "notifications" for the calendars you want to change, and you can turn off everything right there. The default settings for each calendar are in the "event reminders" section. I think that's all you really need to change. I deleted both default entries (email and alarm) for my ical feed "calendar".

On the i<devices>, you can enable "remove alarms" for each separate ical feed as well, under settings, mail ..., your tripit ical feed. Not sure if that matters or not. Mine were actually off (not removed), when I checked when writing this, so I don't think I am getting alarms from them, but I did turn that setting on (remove alarms) now.

And I'm sure the mac calendar app has something similar in case you are also importing it there too.

ok, I checked flighttrack pro also. They have a setting that will update your calendar with changes, I have that off. You can turn off its alerts on the i<devices> in the i<device>s settings/notifications/flight track pro. I leave those on.

So if I did it right, I should only get alarms from Flight Track Pro's push notifications.

-David
I think I once got close to spending the ten minutes it takes to fix all of this. But I'm so damn lazy

Thanks for the tips - I really should fix it soon. I've got the same problems with Google calendar notifications, especially on busy days (like 8 appts/hour at CES), I'll get 100's of notifications between three devices in popups and emails