FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - GGG Longview Regional Airport
View Single Post
Old Dec 30, 2010, 4:20 am
roadwarrior365

Programs: LH HON,AA EXP, BA Silver, Hyatt Diamond, and a few more
Originally Posted by EastTexMan
I have no idea what section I should post this in, maybe I'm in the correct one.
Just curious if there is anyone out there that fly out of the Longview Regional (GGG) airport and what you think of it. What would you like to see to make it more enjoyable to fly out of there? I do know they are about to do some renovating on the terminal and the new parking lots are already in the process of being built. One thing I hope they eventually do is open another resturant so there will be a place to get a bite to eat. The one that was there, Bondocks, closed a few months ago.
Have you had any dealings with the TSA or AA employees there? What was your experiance with them?

This used to me my old home airport. I always liked you could show up there as late as you wanted and still make the flight. The big problem I had with the airport was when AA cut down the flight to two a day and I decided to fly either out of Tyler or Shreveport. The TSA and AA employees are friendly and if you are a somewhat frequent flyer they will start reconizing you. Never had any problems with them. Parking used to be free, which was also a big thing when I was gone for a week or two.