FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - She ate my beef, and I loved it!
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2010, 10:04 pm
BowTieGuy

She ate my beef, and I loved it!

I’m a semi-regular reader of FT yet have never felt compelled to contribute, until now.

About two weeks ago I was seated in first on an Asian carrier from Asia to Europe (details are vague to protect all parties). I declined the meal service after take-off as I wasn’t hungry and knew I could dine any time.

The service from the crew was impeccable as usual, and my beverage was refreshed quickly and professionally. My plan was to have a few drinks, eat and then hopefully sleep for the remainder of the flight. During these semi-frequent drink deliveries, I became chummy with a young pretty FA who confided that this was her very first time serving first. Oddly enough, I could detect a strong alcohol smell from her breath; you know, the stale variety, and assumed that given possible anxiety she had overindulged the day before. No problem there, it didn’t bother me. Did I mention she was young and particularly attractive?

It was about four hours into the flight (when most other F pax were sleeping) when I felt a bit peckish and requested the main. I was told it would take about 15 minutes to prepare – “so would you care for another drink while you’re waiting?” Why not!

As many of you are aware, the food on international Asian flights (CX/ NH/ JL/ OZ/ SQ) is usually outstanding but this dish was simply divine. The young pretty FA stopped by to inquire whether the beef was satisfactory. Although a bit tipsy by this stage, I recall the conversation going something like this:

FA: Mr. BowTieGuy is the beef ok?
Me: It is wonderful, probably the best I’ve ever had onboard.
FA: I’m pleased to hear Sir. I believe it comes from xxxxx and I’ve always wanted to try it.
Me: (Cutting some beef and resting it on fork) Would you like too?
FA: Thank you Mr. BowTieGuy.

With this, she leant forward with her hands at her side and I fed her the beef. Hmmm, she said “that is good”, then smiled and walked away.

I know it was a bit cheeky to offer said beef but I was surprised she actually accepted. And happy; it made another long-haul more memorable. Has anyone here had similar experiences?