FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Free EL AL Matmid enrollment!
View Single Post
Old Dec 29, 2010, 8:11 pm
joshwex90
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA, LY, BA, AA
Originally Posted by rajuabju
Yup, its a bit silly unfortunately. I havent flown ElAl in so long because of their nickel & diming. There are simply better choices available to me. But still good to keep them as an option.
The grass is always greener on the other side. While I agree it's ridiculous that they charge to join their FF program and they charge for a replacement card, I'd hardly call their practices nickel & diming. Meals are free; alcohol is free; entertainment is free; check-in at the airport versus online is free; luggage checking is free; and I'm sure there are many others. These are things commonly complained about by many American and European airlines that are no longer free. So as much as people may like to complain about LY, they actually treat us pretty decently.

Originally Posted by clubman
Agree (As I already posted earlier...) though I have to say that I did PM the OP a couple of days ago for the code (not for myself) and still waiting for it... hint hint...
I did see your post, and I meant to quote you, but alas, even the most nimble minds forget

I got my PM right after PMing him, so I guess he like me more

Originally Posted by Volvi
I wrote to EL AL few days ago to their customer service and they provided me with a password, so all works now. Just a reminder when logging in use the digits not the TL of your membership #.
By email?