FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Mileage Run ICN-NRT / Immigration?
View Single Post
Old Dec 28, 2010, 2:19 am
s1c3r1a1b3b3l1e1

Programs: DL Platinum
Originally Posted by rclott
wow, this flight was a 757, flying on from tokyo to Portland. They snuck this new route in while I wasn't paying attention. For my trips to the USA, the more routes the better. This was the first time I've seen a 757 over here, I didn't know those flew trans-oceanic routes. The b/c seats were comfortable enough for my short flight ICN-NRT, not sure how they would be over the Pacific. Cabin crew were really professional and nice.

I did wonder why we were scheduled to board almost 1 hour before departure. I thought in the past it was more like 30-45 minutes, unless it was something like a 777 or 747.

It turned out to be about 2 hours or so in the plane on the ground. ICN runways were closed early morning due to poor visibility, then when things cleared, suddenly a bunch of planes wanted to depart all at once. Our plane, along with many others, had to be de-iced, not because it was snowing, but because it had snowed overnight (i suppose the planes aren't kept in a hangar). Made for a little excitement, but the flight crew kept us well informed. And once we took off, we were helped by a brisk tail wind en-route.
Actually, the flight continues on, but there is an aircraft change. It is actually a 767 from NRT to PDX.