FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - EPIC to host TSA workshop ["Stripping of Freedom"] Jan. 6, 2011 in D.C.
Old Dec 26, 2010, 7:37 pm
wb9tio

Programs: DL GM, UA 1P, AA fallen Gold, Marriott Gold, Priority Pass, Hertz #1 Gold
Originally Posted by FliesWay2Much
I wouldn't be surprised for one nanosecond that DHS or TSA "counterintelligence" people will infiltrate the meeting. The most likely source of TSA infiltrators would be SPOTNiks or FAMs. Nappy could also decide to send in a few plain-clothes Secret Service people. Presence of FBI counterintelligence ops people would require DHS to request support from DOJ. I wouldn't expect the request to be made, mostly out of pride and because Nappy couldn't possibly convince Holder that subversive activities would be taking place.

If you go, be very careful about exchanging business cards with anyone who purports to work for a company you've never heard of or anyone who asks a lot of strange questions. If you see someone picking up several copies of an attendee list or people who generally don't fit, try to snap a discrete picture. Conversely, if there are people going out of their way to avoid being in any sort of picture or video of the conference, this should send up flags.

This isn't tinfoil hat stuff in the least. I've seen it happen in other contexts over the years.
If your gut tells you something isn't right with some of the folks who are there such as what you described they need to be publicly outed! Their stench needs to be out in the open.