FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Le Westin Resort & Spa, Mont Tremblant, Quebec [Master Thread]
Old Nov 7, 2001, 8:14 am
Guava
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Ski? You come to the right place - one of the very best place in North-America. By the way, I hope you don't plan to ski in the hotel, you can't do that!

The lifts are of walking distance to the hotel. The hotel is kind like at the bottom of the slope, you have to walk up for about 5 minutes to get to the lifts. By the way, I said walk up but it's not like climing Mount Everest, plain easy walking.

This property is a franchise with Starwood. Nevertheless, it looked better than some category 3 hotels that I have been too. The hotel industry in Quebec has always had a high quality standard. This one is no exception. The overall deco of the hotel is quite luxurious and beautiful. I say it's more like a category 4 hotel than 3.

Service? Excellent, very friendly and consistent staff who are there to make your happy and would listen very carefully to your personal requests. Compared to most hotels in the U.S., you'll notice a big difference in attitude - much friendlier. They are all bilingual -English/French so if you don't speak French, you'll have no problem. Visiting the concierge is a must!

Upgrades? If you are Gold, you are out of luck as they will only try to give you a better view than your reserved room (= minimum of SPG requirement). If you are Platinum, they will upgrade you if available. In case you don't know, this is one of the most on demand property out there. Reservations required a deposit that is 25% non-refundable up to one month in advance or 100% non-refundable within one month of arrival! Still, this resort is very often sold out even months in advance! By the way, I was upgraded to a Suite last time there - a very beautiful suite, not huge but separate living room and bedroom + kitchenette (everything is there, you don't need to bring anything else), balcony, fireplace, comfortable bathroom. Frankly, I like it better than the Suite I get at Manele Bay Hotel in Lana'i, HI although the latter is supposedly a categ. 5 hotel.

You are right at the ski town or the Tremblant town. There's lots of things to do and shows happen all the time. Excellent restaurants, boutique and etc. It's a very nice place.

Getting around? From Dorval airport, I think there is scheduled shuttle between the airport and Tremblant. I think the same is also true from downtown Montreal though you have to pass by Dorval I think. I drive, that's the best way and it's easy to get there. It's almost a straight line and then you make like one turn before you reach Tremblant, very easy. Parking (valet) was $7 a day.