Old Dec 23, 10, 6:19 am
mooper

Programs: AA:Lifetime Plat DL:Lifetime Silver UA:1P MAR:Lifetime Tit
Originally Posted by msp2msy View Post
I realized the power PM award changes + award stopovers + domestic award upgrades... If you're a PM+, invest some thought here and you'll be glad, very glad you did.
+1

This combo is especially useful for flexible/discretionary travel that is near-term. For example, if you were thinking of visiting some friends on the other side of the country and decided last minute to do so (say, 7 days out), and saw a 25K award available. You could snag it for no fees, and if you wanted to change/cancel/improve it, you could do so... even if it was the day of your trip and your only reason was a failure to snag a first class upgrade on one or more segments. I do something similar frequently, often for business travel too, and as a DM, I get upgraded 95%+ of my segments. Sometimes I even get a voucher, etc. out of it. No other domestic airline gives you this full combo, albeit parts of the puzzle are available elsewhere. Few people calling SkyMiles "SkyPesos" take this into account, as most of them think that international award travel (where Delta is indeed weak) is the only thing that matters.