FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - "M"ythology
Thread: "M"ythology
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2010, 10:52 pm
Ken hAAmer

"M"ythology

I was going to post a thread debunking the claims that there are significant differences between various fares and fare levels, and that upgrades are "costly", very or otherwise. I had planned to show that other than as available inventory buckets there's essentially nothing different between the lowest "S" (Tango) fare and a somtimes usuriously expensive "M" fare. And not much more difference all the way to "B" and even "Y" fares.

As well I was going to show how not only are upgrades not costly, if properly managed they can generate significant additional (marginal) revenue and profit. I even started to research the details and put together the thread.

And then I realized I just didn't care any more. It's not absolutely certain what my plans are for next year, though I have a good idea. There will likely be mid-stream adjustments as I figure things out. In short, I expect to rocket to UA Global Services. No comps. No special favours. Just very top-tier status, earned the old fashioned way, perhaps as early as April.

But I hate to waste what I've already done, so here's the single spread sheet I had created:

Perhaps someone else might care to flesh it out.