FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AS in LAS...yikes...
View Single Post
Old Dec 22, 2010, 1:09 am
PDXPremier
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: AS 75K, BW Plat, Marriott Gold, IHG Plat, Hilton Gold
AS in LAS...yikes...

Just flew back to PDX from LAS last night and couldn't help but notice how slow going the operation seemed to be from the check-in counter to the gate....upon arriving at the counter, I noticed there were a total of 2 people working and since we were booked in F, I had my wife wait in the First Class/MVP line which already had people waiting while I proceeded to check us in using the regular kiosks...she quickly realized that I was going to get done faster so she left the F line and waited with me...then came the wait to get the bag tags which was probably still less of a wait than if we were to stand in the F line. When we got to the gate, we needed a stroller tag but the gate agent didn't have any (that was a first for me) so he sent us from our gate (D25) to D26 to get a tag but D26 didn't have an agent at the counter so we went back and just boarded without one and had someone tag it in the jetway. I can't remember the last time I arrived at an airport 2 hours before a flight on a domestic trip, but let me say this, even during what appeared to be a "slow" time at LAS, you WILL need every bit of that extra time. We would have had time for a sit down dinner at Beaches in PDX if we had arrived there 2 hours in advance...for you more frequent AS LAS flyers, is AS at LAS always this bad??