FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Lounges at LAX - Access, Showers, Questions, Which One? [Consolidated thread]
Old Dec 21, 2010, 10:45 pm
N751PR

Programs: UA 1K, BD Silver, Amtrak Select, SPG & PCR Plat/ICH Amb, AA, AS, DL, PR
If you really desire a shower and assuming you don't have Priority Pass membership or oneworld status that allows for lounge access, it would seem that the DL SkyClub in Terminal 5 is your best bet. It's still airside and you don't have to reclear security in order to access it as Terminals 5-8 are linked together (though it's a bit of a hike from Terminal 8 and whatever you do, do NOT exit security if you want to get to that lounge!). You should have no problems accessing it even if you're not flying with them, just need to pay for the day pass and you're set.

Originally Posted by 1st Cav Vet
If you are a member of the private company "Priority Pass", they may have one or more clubs in International Terminal, but I doubt any would have a shower.
The SkyTeam Lounge is indeed one of those lounges and does have showers available. On the other hand, the other TBIT Priority Pass lounge, the ReLAX Lounge, doesn't as number_6 mentioned.

Originally Posted by skoenig
The terminal is, I believe, undergoing some renovations, which could affect what lounges are available, but I found references for a Star Alliance lounge and a Cathay Pacific lounge (I think they're separate, since the former is listed as having showers and the latter was not). Air France also listed as having a lounge there. Some airlines have regular club lounges and first class lounges.
There are 4 airside lounges in TBIT: one for each alliance and one for non-aligned carriers. Indeed, the Star Alliance and oneworld lounges are different, however all 4 airside lounges are equipped with showers). AF operates out of a different terminal (T2) but indeed it has it's own separate lounge but doesn't showers (yet?).

Originally Posted by skoenig
I was surprised to see, on the Alaska Airlines Web site, that one can use their "Board Room" clubs even when not traveling. Says it's by "special arrangement with the TSA." I don't thnk they have showers, but perhaps a club that does has the same arrangement with TSA. I hadn't heard about this before. One-day pass for the Alaska Airlines clubs is $40. The Alaska Airlines terminal is a short walk from TBIT.
That's correct, the BR doesn't have showers at all. That said, I wasn't aware of that arrangement either. The more you know! ^