FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID
Old Dec 19, 2010, 10:34 am
erictank

Originally Posted by TWA884
It is not people who cannot control themselves. It is the government restricting the availability of a key ingredient in the manufacture of an illegal drug.
It's government apparatichiks keeping me from being able to buy 4 bottles of Dayquil and Nyquil when all four of us in the house have the superflu, that's what it freakin' is.

Heck, I was really sick several years ago just after these new regs went into effect (though I didn't know it at the time), managed to drag my sorry butt into the store for chicken soup and cold meds, of which I had neither, and figured "Well, I'd better stock up, since I'm here." The cashier very apologetically told me she couldn't ring up my cold medicine, I had too much. I told her, "The last time I was this sick, I didn't leave the house for a week. This is a week's worth of cold meds, given the dosing instructions," as I coughed and wheezed and blew my nose (not towards her or any checkout surfaces - I *REALLY* didn't want this to spread, I just had to get what I needed!). She thought about it for a minute, rang up the soup and half of the meds, and then ran the rest of the meds in a separate transaction, saying, "Here you go - I can see that you need this as cold medicine Sorry about that." Didn't ask for ID for either transaction. I've NEVER been carded for cold stuff - so how are they keeping me from getting 3.6 grams of pseudoephedrine per day or 9 per month? Oh, if I use my frequent-shopper card, sure they know who I am and what I'm buying that way - do you really think that John Q. Methmaker scans his Giant card to save $0.49/bottle on 3 bottles at 4 different stores a day 6 times a week? I'll bet he doesn't...

I reiterate: It's government apparatichiks keeping me from being able to buy 4 bottles of Dayquil and Nyquil when all four of us in the house have the superflu, that's what it freakin' is.