FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - LY misses the point of 'Premium' in Premium Travel
Old Dec 18, 2010, 5:30 pm
DLPhoenix

Programs: DL MM; UA MM/1K
Originally Posted by bostonbali

In any event, when I got up to use the restroom, I asked the FA who was serving us for another glass of wine. He told me that this may not be a good idea, since wine affects people differently in mid-air, and there has been cases of people causing problems in the past.

I was shocked - in over 50 Long-distance Premium class trip, and hundreds of US Domestic FC trips have I ever been told I drank too much. And believe me, I was certainly not acting drunk - this FA was simply comparing me to most Israelis I believe - or just trying to save LY money by not serving me any more.

I explained to him that I can handle my alcohol well, and that being an American, I have a larger tolerance to Alcohol than an average Israeli. I felt that I didn't owe him an explanation, but offered one anyway. He reluctently ended up serving me two more glasses, but gave me a few packets of nuts with each refill...
I am shocked that the FA proceeded to serve you wine after he made a judgement call that you had too much. I am sure he has seen enough passengers "that can handle alcohol" cause trouble to know better.

Originally Posted by ebzed
No True, I was on Delta business flight which cost 2900$ vs 4400$ of EL-AL, Different product, Different service, If i had to choose which one i would like to take again where prices are the same, where i would take EL-AL.
much better for my opinion.
Yes but LY does charge $4400 Vs $2,900, or a 50% premium. A premium that you were not willing to pay.

DLP