FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - IC Thalasso Bora Bora Master Thread [merged]
Old Oct 18, 2006, 11:26 pm
sy7

Originally Posted by StealthFly
I was online verifying my rewards reservation that I had made a month back at Le Moana in BB and decided to take a look at the current hotel rates for Thalasso. To my surprise, on the bottom of the rates page, it had the "Redeem Priority Club points" section showing the normal 30,000 points per night rate I didn't believe it when I saw it there, so I went through the reward reservation process and not only can you reserve reward nights, but you can also choose either of the three levels of bungalows.
I called up PC and they verified that I could book Thalasso on my reward points. Needless to say, I had them switch my stay from a Beach Bungalow at Le Moana to a Diamond OWB at Thalasso.
My travel dates are in the first week of June, so I' m not sure if this is just a flaw in the system or how it will be from now on. Looks like I may take back some of my bad thoughts about the IC program.

Justin
Thanks for posting this!

I think this is definitely a glitch in the system. I just checked, and pretty much every single night (even in peak season) has reward rooms available if revenue rooms are available. This happens with some frequency . Maybe the hotel only just started reward redemptions and doesn't have the filters in place yet. Plus, reward nights are normally only supposed to allow the lowest room category (though it seems the main difference between the 3 room types is the view).