FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Sheraton Dusseldorf Airport Hotel DUS, Germany [Master Thread]
Old Jun 20, 2001, 2:03 pm
Globehopper

<font face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" size="2">Originally posted by MilesDependent:
Has anyone stayed at this property recently? Any comments? Couldn't see anything in the Starwood or Trip Reports sections.
</font>

I stayed at the Sheraton DUS Airport location back in February. Overall, I enjoyed the stay and would return.

As I was arriving by train and had a morning flight, this location was perfect.

Incidentally for those using the S-bahn, beware that there are two Dusseldorf Airport Stations, and you want the Dusseldorf Flughafen Terminal Station. Exit at the rear of the train, and you'll alight at the entrance nearest the hotel.

About the hotel location... it is located atop a parking garage, and the configuration of the hotel is akin to a smaller semi-circle nested within a larger semi-circle. This leads to view blockage if you're in the inner circle as I was.

As a Plat. I was upgraded to a 2-room suite, which is composed of two rooms joined together, but with living room furnishings in lieu of bedroom furnishings in one of the rooms.

Plat. amenity consisted of a nice fruit plate and bottled water.

Staff, from reception to bar to hotel dining room was very friendly and solicitous. Management was good, as I met them.

As the room was not quite ready when we checked in, and some modifications were required, we were invited to enjoy a drink in the bar, on them. The local beer served there was excellent.

There was one problem... there was no heat in either of the two rooms, and little heat to be found elsewhere in the hotel. As a snowfall had just dusted the city that day, this useful amenity was very much missed. Turning on two hairdryers (one in each bathroom) was of marginal help.

Seeking to warm up with a hot shower didn't work either, as lukewarm water was all that flowed from the showerhead. Since the hotel was short on linen, extra blankets were not an option either! Brrr!

But the hotel management was extremely apologetic, and at my suggestion, offered us free breakfast, which was a tasty repast.

With summer weather, hopefully hotel heating won't be an issue for those traveling soon.