FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 14, 2010, 7:29 am
l etoile
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by LIH Prem
. I didn't know we got breakfast there.

-David
The free breakfast is part of the standard diamond benes.

I did learn something from a breakfast server in the restaurant that I assume is unique to this property, but don't know. At the end of the meal she didn't bring a check and said I was all set since I'm a diamond. At most Hyatt properties I've signed for the breakfast. The charge less the tip that I add in is taken off of the bill at checkout. This time I was caught off guard by not getting a check and didn't have my purse with me to leave cash. Later, I saw the server, apologized and tried to give her the tip I owed her. She told me there was already a tip figured into the free breakfast and refused what I was going to give her. That was a first for me as I've always left tips on the check for the free breakfasts (unless it's room service and already included). I'm rather curious if the tip is included at other properties and what the percentage is to know if I should leave more. I will continue tipping on these to be safe, but am curious.

Last edited by l etoile; Dec 14, 2010 at 8:29 am