FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Hilton Dubai Jumeirah Resort {ARE}
View Single Post
Old Dec 13, 2010, 8:10 pm
stiwi

Programs: Skywards Gold
Originally Posted by terminalfive
Anybody been recently?

Between Here and Le Royal Meridien (am plat with SPG) which would you choose (priority = beach and decent room)

Thanks
I've been in both hotels. Last year I stayed at Le Royal Meridien (Club building), while few days ago I came back from Hilton Jumeirah (Exec floor).

For me there is no doubt that Le Royal Meridien is simply better hotel in terms of everything: grounds, pools, restaurants, services. Overall i think that it is probably one of the best hotels in Dubai. I even liked it more than Jumeirah Beach Hotel where I stayed 2 years ago.

Both Le Royal Meridien and Hilton have a very nice beach in front of their properties. Rooms & views are comparable as well. Exec lounge works pretty much the same in both properties: breakfast, snacks during the day, high tea, drinks from 6pm to 8:30pm. I haven't spotted any big differences between them which would let me say that one is better than other.

They have both a very nice location by The Walk which is pretty lively in the evening. LRM has one of the best in my opinion lebanese restaurants in Dubai - Al Khaima. No matter if you stay at Hilton or LRM, don't miss the food there and belly dancing show on Thursday evenings. Hilton doesn't have any truly arabic restaurant, but they do serve sheesha by the pool and by the beach.

LRM has a shuttle bus, Hilton doesn't. I know taxis are pretty cheap there but the distances in Dubai are huge. LRM doesn't participate in SPG, which is something you may consider, as the SPG benefits might not be valid.

I would come back to Hilton anytime, especially if I can get it cheaper than LRM or if there is a nice promo like Q4, but overall I rate LRM higher.