FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Andaz Fifth Avenue (NY) REVIEW - MASTER THREAD
Old Dec 13, 2010, 6:22 pm
l etoile
Senior Moderator; Moderator, Eco-Conscious Travel, United and Flyertalk Cares

Programs: UA 1.7 MM;; Accor & Marriott Pt; Hyatt Globalist
Originally Posted by RichardInSF
My hope is the Andaz mini-chain either can improve or, at the least, clarify that they do not wish to be judged as luxury (albeit casual or trendy) hotels. So far, I haven't seen a satisfactory result, but I remain hopeful that it will be resolved in the fullness of time.
Exactly. As some take offense to the comments by those of us such as RichardInSf and myself who've had less than stellar stays, it's our comments that I hope are leading to improvements and perhaps to better stays for others like gleff, for example.

A couple of problems I mentioned after my first stay were remedied by my second stay - they added hangers without clips and they turned down the noise of the elevator arrival tone.

I suspect those of us who have been disappointed by this hotel seem to some as though were obsessive about it. But for me, and I suspect others, it is because I so looked forward to having a good Hyatt in Manhattan. I'm there about once a month and really want(ed) this hotel to be my home there.

Like RichardInSF said, I suspect those of us who are talking about the problems here are doing so because we want the hotel to improve; not because we want to beat it down.