Old Dec 13, 10, 3:46 pm
Lilithe

Programs: AA, Hilton Honors Diamond, Avis First
New Home Airport - DFW - need tips please

I have just changed jobs and relocated to Dallas. I've been based out of IAH for nearly a decade, and I'm finding it to be very difficult to make the transition to DFW as my home airport. So, if DFW is your home airport and you have tips and best practices, I would appreciate them.

So far my biggest issues have been with parking. I travel every week, typically Tuesday - Friday. Of my past 6 trips, 5 of them returned to a different terminal, or a different end of the terminal, than my departure flight. Unfortunately, I do have to check a bag every time (must carry quite a bit of equipment and documentation with me) so Skylink isn't an option for me. The green buses take forever, and it's not very pleasant to stand outside (especially now that it's cold) late at night, alone, waiting for them. Or walking, outside, all the way from one end of the terminal to another.

Also, last week I parked on the top floor of parking located at the B terminal (many of the lots are pretty filled up on Tuesdays) and was not very happy to realize that there are NO elevators in that parking garage, leaving me to carry all my luggage up and down several flights of stairs.

So, for those of you who consider DFW your home airport, where do you park? What are your tricks? How do you keep it low stress?

Once I am inside and have checked my bags, it is mostly smooth sailing. But I would appreciate any best practices that others have learned over the years. Thanks in advance!