FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - The 47,000 mile pre-christmas mileage run (report)
Old Dec 13, 2010, 12:02 am
Lady Mim

Programs: UA: 1p, AA: plat 2MM
Originally Posted by CIT85
Absolutely not.

MR are almost always done on personal funds in order to achieve status at a reasonable cost. International C/F tickets are rarely low cost, although some C fares are not bad. Anyone who flys a lot and cannot afford to pay for international C/F fares, which is most FF, having status is of considerable value.
And then there is the fact that Colonius does not always fly alone. He and I try to maintain status (I usually stop at 1P) so the whole family gets lounge access and at least E+. If things go wrong one of us having 1K is usually enough. Since I did not manage to fly at all this year, I will start running in January to make 2P and then again in July or so, to get back up to 1P and have it until Jan 2012.

Originally Posted by TurtleFlyer

This is a very entertaining thread, and like everyone, I am rooting for colonius with a mixture of horror and fascination. But I am concerned about his risk of developing a blood clot in his legs and returning to his wife and two kids after having thrown a pulmonary embolus. Colonius, I hope that, with your doctor's advice, you are taking low-dose aspirin, and are staying well hydrated and working those calf muscles.

Good luck and safe travels!
So far so good.. he is in Cologne and after sleeping for 12 hours, he is doing well. Thank you for your concerns, though, but as a FF he is constantly making sure he is well hydrated and moving whenever possible.

I'll expect him to write an update later today, after he had made his plans for today. I expect him to drop in at my parents' for some serious pampering and great food first.

Originally Posted by SEABrad
When will you be back to SEA?

There should be some sort of welcome party/coronation ceremony when you do.
The 11:59pm red-eye from HNL to SFO then to SEA, coming in around 10:30 am, I think. I can find out....

Last edited by iluv2fly; Dec 13, 2010 at 12:14 am Reason: merge