FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Thanksgiving in Mumbai: LH F, UA F, the Grand Hyatt and city adventures
Old Dec 12, 2010, 6:16 pm
macabus

Originally Posted by gleff
Look, I agree, perhaps if I had acted earlier with the purser things might have straightened out. But at first, and perhaps I was tired having come off a transatlantic flight, and I just assumed that nothing was wrong. I would have asked directly about the macademias (seemed petty) or the amuse bouche but I just wasn't having luck engaging the FA in conversation. I gave quite a bit a pass.

And by the time I realized things were really wrong, well I was tired and wanted to be done with meal service and go to sleep. I did actually do something about the passing plates. I did have one look of disbelief that the FA clearly caught and she got a little better about passing stuff.

By the time things were really bad I think I was in such comic disbelief that I didn't see a chance to rectify it.

Perhaps I should have. But it was so far beyond anything I had experienced. And to the poster above who mentions the purser coming by several times during the flight to check on things, I've never actually seen the purser come by after the beginning of the flight. There's always an introduction but I've never seen them a second or third time, perhaps just on deplaning.

Should I have gone downstairs? Certainly. But I think I really just couldn't imagine that things were as bad as they seemed until it was pretty much too late to do anythnig about it. And I also didn't want to embarass my wife, as much as I wanted to correct matters.

Live and learn, this was really a new one on me. I've had ups and downs in international F for sure. But nothing so engregious in all of my travel.
Don't sweat it Gleff.

I've had a few flights like that. Mostly on TG F...

But there were a few LH flights in F from FRA that started off really bad. And it took a Herculean effort to right the wrong...

But when we're with our significant others, it can be counterproductive to fight for what's right.

Sometimes the path of least resistance is the best choice.

Cheers,
M