FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - AC does well at best in business travel awards
Old Dec 10, 2010, 8:46 pm
global happy traveller

Originally Posted by lespoir
The only problem I have with Air Canada is that they are complacent to be where they are mentally and at corporate level to be: the best in North America.

Whene airlines in the rest of the world (forget about American losers) are quietly working to become the best and fighting for the top spot, Air Canada has perhaps long aimmed at one clear single goal: we do not want to be the best in the world, and will be very happy to beat out Americans.

Certainly it should address my first need: flying out of Canada and back. So I need Air Canada. But once out, I will probably prefer to have the best services.

North America has lost dropped the word "service" from the English dictionary, so it is no surprising that North America airlines, Air Canada included, have spent their energy on building products that come with self-services. In certain domains, it is good, but I wonder what an airline would look like, if someday we the passngers can ride an airplane, so we do not need any pilots. Before that, the flight attendants would go first.
first with a self serve cafe with a coffee machine and pop/snack dispenser