FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 10k points for 2 nights
View Single Post
Old Dec 10, 2010, 2:29 am
planetshakers

Programs: BW Diamond, SPG Gold, HHonors Gold, Priority Club Plat Ambassador, Club Carlson Gold, M&C Gold
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
After further consideration, I think that my stay this weekend won't count, as it's actually 2 reservation numbers, although 2 consecutive nights (Sat & Sun this coming weekend)...anyone have any thoughts on that? I did one night prepaid but then we decided to extend, and I had already been charged, so I made a second one-night reservation -- as a second rez number. BTW I've been doing this a lot lately and despite the T&Cs I've been getting points for each "stay" to post -- these types of stays being at ICs. That's why I think it won't count -- the promo specifically says per stay.

My next 2 night consecutive stay on one reservation at a IC property isn't until Christmas. I guess we shall see. I can always ask them at check-in to drop the second rez and do it under one -- but is that worth it? Just to see if I'll get 10K points for this promo? Hmm. Talk about taking one for the team

OK ...so u mean to say if staying at ICs, 2 consecutive nights ( even due to different reservation numbers / check-in check-out ) do not amount to only 1 stay? You get 2k base points for every night?

Coz my understanding from the PC T&Cs is below:

Points for Stays. You may earn Points for Stays beginning with the date of your enrollment in the Program. Points will not be earned for Stays made prior to the date of your enrollment as shown in Priority Club records. A Stay is defined as one night or consecutive nights at the same hotel, regardless of frequency of check-in/check-out. A Stay is qualified when paying Qualifying Room Rates, which include most business and leisure rates.

To maximize your points, it seems wise to limit longer stays to 2 nights per hotel.