FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - 10k points for 2 nights
View Single Post
Old Dec 9, 2010, 8:08 pm
CIPAS

Programs: SPG/HGP/IHG/MR/HH/DL/UA/
Originally Posted by TheBeerHunter
After further consideration, I think that my stay this weekend won't count, as it's actually 2 reservation numbers, although 2 consecutive nights (Sat & Sun this coming weekend)...anyone have any thoughts on that? I did one night prepaid but then we decided to extend, and I had already been charged, so I made a second one-night reservation -- as a second rez number. BTW I've been doing this a lot lately and despite the T&Cs I've been getting points for each "stay" to post -- these types of stays being at ICs. That's why I think it won't count -- the promo specifically says per stay.

My next 2 night consecutive stay on one reservation at a IC property isn't until Christmas. I guess we shall see. I can always ask them at check-in to drop the second rez and do it under one -- but is that worth it? Just to see if I'll get 10K points for this promo? Hmm. Talk about taking one for the team

Hotel can always combine reservations, if it was made thru. IHG sites.
If it was book thru. third-party booking, reservations can't be combined.
Assume, you made AP rate reservation thru. priorityclub.com and made another reservation, you can ask to combine reservations at check-in, so you will have one final bill.

In other hand, since I see you as RA, and if you singed up for double points,
you will get 6k or so each night, if it post as two stay(like you said).
So is it worth it to combine? I say, No if you signed up for double points. (get 2 stay points, and possible luck on 10k bonus)
If you signed up for free nights, and got all 5 free nights, I say Yes. Combine and get 10k.

Last edited by CIPAS; Dec 9, 2010 at 8:16 pm