FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - QF 32 - Engine Exploded? (General discussion of the events)
Old Dec 8, 2010, 8:41 pm
jb747

Originally Posted by sxc
I'm interested to know why flight crew are allowed to give interviews like this. I would have thought they are still company employees and that this type of information would be filtered.
Firstly his interview was not with media, but with a very respected flying society...of which he may be a member. Secondly, we forever hear complaints about not getting the real info, but only stuff that's filtered through non technical media people...and here you get the real thing, and don't like it. Sorry, but I though it was nicely done, and extremely interesting.

Additionally he says that in the time frame of two hours, it seemed to go in a blink of an eye....yet he still managed to whip out his iphone and take photos??
Actually, he didn't say that. The pictures were taken by the other CC, who, quite honestly had little to do other than watch, so taking a bit of a picture record sounds quite sensible to me. Those images may not be that interesting to you, but as a 380 pilot, they were like gold to me.