FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID
Old Dec 7, 2010, 7:48 pm
Firebug4

Originally Posted by tom911
So basically they're at the mercy or management to compensate them for going in on their days off, or they can ask for a witness fee from the court (think my court paid $15)? I recall one FTer posted a few weeks ago that they are allowed to join a union, so guess I'm a little confused about what the purpose of joining one would be if they can't bargain for you but are allowed to represent you in workplace issues. Wouldn't being paid to go to court be a workplace issue? This was the post in regards to a labor board ruling allowing them to vote on union representation:

Any of our TSA posters know what compensation you get if you go to court on your days off? Does it vary per airport?
Right now the government doesn't recognized any organization to represent or bargain for them. NTEU and AFGE are currently both trying to win the TSA employees so to speak. So you have some airports that have started NTEU locals and others that have started AFGE locals. Both unions have petitioned the FLRA to support and allowed union representation. The FLRA supported the petition but TSA has yet to act on it. If it does act on it, it is likely that a vote would be held to decide which organization would represent them. At that point the winning union would absorb the losing unions locals.

FB