FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - check in at BRU
Thread: check in at BRU
View Single Post
Old Dec 7, 2010, 1:48 am
Boghopper

Programs: UA 1K MM, Marriott Life Plat, various others of little note
Originally Posted by thebobmc
Apologies in advance for asking a question that I could probably have answered with a search. But I am working with limited internet access, so would greatly appreciate your help.

The United website says that check in desks at BRU are open 3 hours before the flight, and that there are also check in kiosks. It goes on to say;

Please note that our flights have individual security screenings so therefore all passengers checked-in online or using our EasyCheck-In kiosks would need to present themselves to our security staff at check-in.

Does this mean that even if I am able to check in at the kiosk I won,t be able to go through security till 3 hours before flight departure ? I am specifically interested in UA973 to ORD.

Thanks very much .
IME the UA security staff operate at the gate. They ask lots of questions and screen you if you fit some criteria. If you have been through the routine at checkin landside I think you get a pass. But if you've printed out your boarding pass or are connecting they give you the third degree. The security screeners at BRU don't care about any of this. If you have a boarding pass you're going through. UA has a separate screening process (checking documents, basically, no metal detector or xray or anything, unlike at Munich).