FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID
Old Dec 5, 2010, 10:00 pm
ND Sol

Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
A feckless and inane comment. How does me donating to the prosecution of a grandstanding churlish person-looking-for-a- fight have anything to do with "progress" or the TSA? Don't presume to put words in my mouth kid.

The problem here is you people think this case will have some bearing on the TSA. It will not. Listen to the Audio. This case is about a guy being a smart-... with the ABQ-PD, nothing more or less. Even if Mocek "wins", whatever that shall be in a criminal case like this, it will not change anything. You will see some posts on a message board, that is all.
Although your post was not in response to my ignored inquiry, you believe that because Phil was petulant is the reason Phil should be "prosecute[d] to the full extent of the law"? That would constitute sufficient facts to support sending $100 to the city?

Others posters have discussed reasonable suspicion as being the standard for requiring identification. And that is the case, but it requires reasonable suspicion that a crime has, is or is about to be committed. What crime did the LEO reasonably suspect had, is or is about to be committed when TSA called him on to the scene? That Phil was filming illegally? If the LEO knew his stuff, then he would know that on the facts presented to him by TSA, no crime had occurred and he would have no reasonable suspicion to demand Phil's name.