FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Flyer “Processed” (Arrested?) in NM After Declining to Show ID
Old Dec 4, 2010, 12:30 am
ND Sol

Originally Posted by meisterau
For those who want to contact the judge or DA to prosecute to the full extent of the law:
Originally Posted by FlyingHoustonian
Thanks, I already donated $100 dollars to the city of Albuquerque to help defray costs of prosecuting this case. Hopefully others will also. I will give them a call and voice support.
What are the facts as you understand them to be such that Phil should be "prosecute[d] to the full extent of the law"?

# Statement from Jonathan Breedon, TSA LTSO #

I started to complete the documentation required by the Identity Verification Call Center (IVCC). I had filled out the passengers name and date portion of the form when I noticed that passenger Mocek had a camera in his hand and it appeared that he was taking pictures or videotaping the process I was conducting. I informed passenger Mocek that he need to stop immediately. Passenger Mocek responded that he didn't think it was illegal and it was his right to be able to take pictures in an area accessible to the public. I informed passenger Mocek that he was not allowed to take pictures of or video tape the processes at the checkpoint. I then, via radio, requested an STSO to have a Law Enforcement Officer respond to the Travel Document Checking (TDC) area immediately.
The TSA was handling the ID verification process correctly until the photography started. And that is where it all went downhill. Think of TSO Breedon's cross-examination: So Mr. Breedon, if you had actually understood your own agency's rules about photography, then none of this would have occurred. It was your lack of knowledge of your own rules that led to my client's arrest. If you would have known your own rules, we wouldn't be here today. Isn't that correct?