FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - they can do it with eggs...
View Single Post
Old Dec 3, 2010, 5:39 am
bingocallerb22

Programs: LANPASS Comodoro (Emerald), others
Originally Posted by cur
Now with damage, really? I put a bottle of liquor in the center of my carry on whenever I come back from outside Canada. Yeah, I wrap it in a pair of jeans but I don't obsess over it. I'm yet to have damage occur to bottles. If you have fragile stuff, you have to pack it accordingly, and presenting these fragile items in a 70lb box will probably not be handled very nicely: why? Because a person's back is worth more than the items inside that box. Sorry. ,,, I think people just pack really stupidly; I've seen really dense people box containing twelve bottles of wine, and, that's it. Just bottles in a box.
Cur, yes, but not referring to carry-on. I sort of feel responsible for that, it is in my care. It is when I give my checked bag to AC, it is in their care and they damage it.
Lets not always blame the victim... what if the pax packs “un-stupidly” and there is still damage? Or the bag is damaged, not the contents?
I've seen the whiskey bottle example before. Actually, IMHO it is not a very fragile item. The round shape is structurally one of the strongest... but I have seen someone standing beside the carousel with a suitcase dripping red wine (a charter).

Thinking about a previous comment about bags being damaged by the airport systems, not AC per se. I gave my bag to AC. To me they are responsible, I have to deal with them. If the common services at the airport are responsible for damages then AC has the responsibility to deal with them... I think this is a common-law principle.

I am still wondering about LH covering broken wheels, while AC does not. How is this possible? Does AC have the relatively longest list of damages they don't cover? What about their “duty of care”?