View Single Post
Old Dec 2, 10, 6:27 pm
jdk_74

Programs: DL Diamond Medallion; SPG Platinum; Hilton Gold
Originally Posted by nishimark View Post
A couple of random thoughts. I'm sure others will contribute more good info. If you're going to be on the road all day, a scooter (moped) is going to be tiring. You're exposed to the weather, exhaust, bad drivers, etc. For a couple of hours it can be fun, but I highly recommend renting a car and driving all around the island. You can stop alongside the road nearly as well as with a scooter. You can have a great time just letting the day unfold as you go around the island.

I wouldn't go to Pearl Harbor if it doesn't interest you. It will take half a day and you don't have a lot of time. Others might disagree with this one.

In addition to surfing, you might try snorkeling. For me, it's one of the most relaxing activities I do in Hawaii.
Thanks for your input. I will think a bit more about the moped. I can see your point about it getting tiring after a couple hours. I'll have to think a bit more on that.

And do you have any recommendations for surfing lessons or where to go for snorkeling? Along with what I should expect to pay for those activities?