FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change in Policy on SKL Access in SIN for UA C class?
Old Nov 25, 2010, 10:45 pm
weero

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by meFIRST
Consider yourself lucky. Before Terminal 3 was built, the access policies for the lounge at T2 was a lot more stringent. Back then, there wasn't even a Kris flyer Gold Lounge.
There was and is - the current SATS lounge is/was that vehicle and *A C pax were allowed into the Silver lounge. As today. As always since SQ joined the club.
..It is not uncommon for a carrier to have a lounge independent of the alliance.
This is also within the rules which you keep ignoring. Lufthansa offers a F lounge which is different from the C lounge and it offers its own F pax and top tier a separate F lounge which is better. But the key is that they have to open a F lounge for the alliance partners and a Biz lounge too.

SQ would be entitled to construct a C lounge for its own folks and one for *A commoners ... which they do to the extent of offering some segregated access rights to their PPS folks.
..Oneworld Emeralds are allowed access to First Class lounges, but British Airways will only admit First Class pax (never emeralds (even though they are entitled) ) into the Concorde Room.
They are not entitled and they do get First class lounge access. It's not that hard to understand.
And yes, SQ seems to think they are not part of *A (separate topic) - but there is a reason why the Kris Flyer gold lounge was built. It's for the star alliance.
It's for *G members flying in coach, it's not for the 'alliance'.
I am not spreading mis information, I am merely suggesting FT's don't push it if they are turned back (and ruining it for others). DYKHIA might end this party.

I'll be back at SIN in a few months, we will see if this trick works.
First it's not a trick but the written rule, just swallow the concept even if you don't like it. Second why - if you get turned away anyway from using the lounge - would you care if this "ends the party" ? This makes no sense.