FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - BA Premier in last row ET
View Single Post
Old Nov 25, 2010, 4:10 am
PPS1

Programs: British Airways Executive Club
BA Premier in last row ET

Flying back mid-week from LHR-BSL, I took the last row in ET. Sat down and a gentleman popped down next to me, in 22D. As he was putting up his luggage in the overhead bins, I saw the Premier tag. First time I've seen one in real life. Didn't know if it was "his" tag or not, so tried to sneak a glance at his BP. Yep, confirmed. He was a Premier card holder.

I got chatting to him, what a top guy! He said he worked in F1 as an dynamics engineer (whatever that means)...but got some great insight into F1, teams, drivers etc.. Really down to earth and affable guy.

CE was almost empty. Surprising he wasn't pushed up.

Anyways, here is what I observed of a Premier card holder in an ET cabin:

- Purser came to personally greet him at the back (nothing too OTT, but more like "good to see you again Mr... if you need anything, just shout")

- Same food, drinks, everything as every other ET passenger
- Cabin crew treated him the same as everyone else. The purser did a quick "fly-by" as we were descending, asking him if everything was ok and if he needed anything else before the FSBS came on.

On the ground at BSL:

- Same as everyone else (no welcome by ground staff at the gate, which happens with AI top-tier passengers)
- At baggage reclaim, his bags did come off first, I mean the VERY FIRST bags off the plane!

And off he went...

All in all, doesn't seem to be that much impact on short haul (at least not with this destination, conditions, flight, crew and specific passenger), other Premier card holders may have different experiences. No doubt on long haul, the service level would go to a whole NEW level for this gentleman, and the others like him!