FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Whole Body Scanners Opt Out Stories [merged]
Old Nov 24, 2010, 8:59 pm
Shorty

Programs: HH DIA
LeeAnne, that is just wrong on so many levels. It's truly sickening. I'm disgusted and outraged how we are all perceived to be criminals now just by showing up at the airport. And in the case of people like your mom, who have medical conditions, how could that possibly be an invitation to squeeze/grope/feel harder the affected area? Yet somehow that makes sense in TSA Land.

I'm having a harder and harder time keeping my composure when I hear people say "it's for our safety." It's not. It's madness and stupidity with a touch of cruelty thrown in (depending on the TSA agent), and completely lacking in common sense. So our government screws up by ignoring the many red flags about the underwear bomber, including warnings from his own father, and now we all have to pay for that mistake. Some pay way more than others, like your poor mom, and some breeze through and say, "What's the big deal? It's for our safety."

It's not right on so many levels, and my heart goes out to your mom. Truly unbelievable, and enormously sad.