FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - UA 1Ks Jumping the EUA Queue?
View Single Post
Old Nov 24, 2010, 11:53 am
channa
FlyerTalk Evangelist

Programs: UA Plat 2MM; AS MVP Gold 75K
Originally Posted by golfingboy
And why can't UA do the same for CO elites... I think UA elites should not be allowed to YBM-UP if they don't offer the same for us...

For instance, in the AS/DL reciprocal agreement... DL does not upgrade their own elites on flights to Hawaii, but AS does... So, AS excluded complimentary Hawaii upgrades for DL elites...

CO should do the same since this alienates CO elites in some ways, just my opinion...

Because we're supposed to be a happy family. UA does not have a Y/B/M-Up policy on UA metal. CO does. Had UA had such a policy, then CO Elites would be able to use it.

Besides, if we want to get into the tit-for-tat mode, then CO Elites should not be allowed into E+ because CO has no such similar E+ offering. UA should make CO Elites flight for the exit rows, and when they're gone, pay up or sit in E-.

Clearly they don't want to do that, so they're treating each others' Elites as their Elites until the differences in the two companies hash out.

The AS/DL comparison is a bit different, as AS/DL are just partners, not merging, and DL probably did not want Hawaii business going to AS because of a favorable upgrade policy. I would not be surprised if DL even requested of AS that they not upgrade Medallions on those flights.