FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - Change in Policy on SKL Access in SIN for UA C class?
Old Nov 24, 2010, 6:51 am
weero

Programs: UA1K, LH GM, AA EXP->GM
Originally Posted by meFIRST
As a former SQ PPS Club member, the SKL is not and never has been a Star Alliance Lounge. It's a separate lounge entirely, intended for First/Suites and Business Class Passengers aboard Singapore Airlines Only (and PPS club members)

Star Alliance flyers are usually asked to go to the Krisflyer Gold lounge, which is nice, but not as nice as the SKL.

I am surprised SQ is letting UA pax flying C and F in there. I wouldn't push it.
Untrue in its entirety. It is not a *G lounge but it is a Singapore Airlines Biz lounge and hence accessible with a same day *A Biz BP. And always was.
..The lounge provides an oasis of calm and respite for PPS Club members and [U][I][B]Singapore Airlines customers travelling in Suites, First and Business Class cabins..
That's an add, not the access rule. It doesn't say "our Star Alliance members are excluded from the use of the lounge".
Anyone flying NC, NF, C etc on UA metal is not an SQ customer
Ehm ... that is trivially true. And hence - following that brilliant logic - PPS members in C or F should be denied lounge access in every airport on earth which doesn't host a SilverKris lounge as they are not TG, LH, UA, LX, BD etc etc etc etc customers.

It seems that not only does SQ not get the concept of the Star Alliance, its customers are stricken with the same tunnel vision.