FlyerTalk Forums - View Single Post - How to link bookings?
View Single Post
Old Nov 23, 2010, 5:06 am
duncfly

Programs: LH SEN, AA EXP, UA 1K
Originally Posted by oliver2002
There are two ways to do this:
1. Put a specific note in each PNR so the agent handling the next flight sees in 'PICTURES' that you are on flt xx9999 arr 0000h in XXX. This note may or may not be considered before closing the flight.
2. Ask the agents who sold you the two tickets to add the segments of the other bookings in each other. This is a advanced function and no one will be really willing to do it if you bought the two booking from different sources. It will virtually marry the bookings (this is what US airlines do BTW) and should indicate to the agent handling the seocnd flight automatically that you are a connecting pax and are running late if applicable. Again, the agent will still offload you if you are running late.

In both cases if you miss the flight they will rebook you according to the ticket rules, ie if the ticket rules say for no-show you will get
Thanks guys.

My connecting flight is a cheap-as-chips bought on LH.COM EDI-FRA ticket and my onward flight is a travel agent bought C ticket FRA-EWR.

If I miss it then I will go next day. What I was trying to achieve was the gate agent on the EWR flight not off-loading me as a no-show if they understand that I am connecting (of course they eventually will off-load me if I am very late, but.....)

I called LH and they entered a note in each booking referencing the other PNR.

Hopefully everything runs to time and it all doesn't matter anyway